Breaking News: NCAA Clears Way to Allow Athletes to Be Compensated

Mitt Romney, oblivious of the irony, actually said this: “What you can’t have is a couple athletes driving around in Ferraris while everybody else is basically having a hard time making ends meet.”

2 Likes

Sounds like the SCAA
(Soviet Collegiate Athletic Association, comrade :wink: )

There’s a lot of money in it because people like it and pay attention to it and anything people pay attention to is an opportunity to influence said people. And influencing people is money. Just how it works.

Here’s an op-ed assuring us that any concerns about the change are silly. Plus, NCAA bad.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-10-30/ncaa-gets-schooled-on-athlete-pay-by-name-image-likeness-bills?utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=business&utm_medium=social&cmpid=socialflow-facebook-business

Well, I’m only a communist when it comes to saving college sports. I’m agnostic in most other areas.

1 Like

I can’t read it because of the paywall, but the media generally don’t care about parity. They care about excitement. They just want something to cover. So, from their perspective, there really is nothing to worry about. They are confused at our concern, and, as usual, they ascribe it to our lack of understanding.

This only ends in tears.