Bravo U of U

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa :grinning:

1 Like

Ego te absolvo. :innocent:

3 Likes

Many of you probably know this, but the U has a merit based entrance program that allows incoming freshmen from western states and some islands to pay 150% of instate tuition. Significant savings over regular out of state tuition. I think the acronym is WUSA.

2 Likes

Looks like my kids matriculated a few years too early.

1 Like

As long as you have a frank and open talk with your kids about matriculation, there shouldn’t be a problem.

3 Likes

Been around for a while. Some Universities don’t participate and some limit majors you can study under this (esp. UA). Meant to provide opportunities that didn’t exist at your state schools, but has grown. I think there are certain spots, you have to meet some min requirements (gpa), and you usually are locked in as a WUE student so it’s hard to gain residency after, but a good deal. Utah at 150% in-state is still a little cheaper than in-state CU or CSU, but we’ll see what the kids want.

Utah St. has in-state tuition for most 1st tear, then by working the summer, you cam get residency. My nephew did this, then transferred to the U, then finished with 2 more years (lots of HS AP and CE courses).

2 Likes

My cousin’s kid is in the Speach Therapy Grad program and bennefiited after graduating fro NAU

2 Likes

As long as they matriculate responsibly I’m OK with it.

2 Likes

:wink:

3 Likes

It has something to do with a man with six fingers, Inigo.

3 Likes

I’m more concerned they masticate responsibly

6 Likes

I agree, otherwise they may turn out to be reprobates.

2 Likes

Hey, I got mine for good behavior. :wink:

1 Like

Doesn’t that make hair grow on your palms? Asking for a friend.

3 Likes

As a 1978 graduate of the U, do I get to still brag to friends, family, and the occasional zoob that I went to a top-ranked school? Because I don’t think it was in 1978.

1 Like

We should say it was a university on the rise at that time, and now its rise has simply continued, and it ain’t done yet.

It’s kind of like the guys who graduated from the UCLA law school years ago. They’re getting a great deal on the tuition and energy they spent on their degrees early on, because UCLA is now ranked very highly. But it wasn’t when they were there. The very same is true of the Utah law school, where I graduated. Everybody from my era has benefited from the school’s rise in the rankings and increased prestige since then.

Besides, I’m sure your 1978 cohort’s performance was a critical part of the U’s overall rise.

So yes, take credit! :wink:

3 Likes

@orangemarlin What was your degree in in 1978?

3 Likes

We created the foundation for its rise!

3 Likes

That’s the spirit!!

3 Likes

Biology. Minor in math and chemistry. Then went to Syracuse University where I got a doctorate in cell biology.

3 Likes