Basketball End of Season Prediction

Stanford moved up in the end of season prediction but down in the top 17 rankings. Odd.
Stanford is 0-5 against the spread the last 5 games
UCLA lost to Cal St Fullerton so they dropped a bit

Utah State picked up one win because I didn’t notice they were playing Eastern Oregon…neither did they apparently.

Conference play kicks in this week. Here’s how I see Utah

Top17

Here’s an odd stat.

Utah is worst in the Pac12 as a favorite at 5-2
But they are the best in the Pac12 as the underdog 4-1

Utah ranks 3rd in the Pac12 against the spread

This weeks games

Utah jumped 2 spots with the Kentucky and Oregon St wins coupled with ASU getting destroyed. ASU did jump Oregon St. Utah picked up a future win over Washington at JMHC (went from +1 to -2.5).
Washington was the big loser of the week.
-17 pt favorites to a 2 point loss vs UCLA
Picked up 3 future losses (Utah, Arizona and @Arizona St) which were previously expected wins.

FYI - Battle scores. This is something I created for conference games only.
+2 points for a road win
+1 point for home win
-1 point for road loss
-2 points for home loss

The best teams always find a way to win on the road. This is an easy way to track it.

Top 17 teams
Stanford dropped from #2 to #5 mainly because other teams got better. Colorado and Arizona put up big wins and BYU continues to improve. Nothing against Stanford, they just haven’t shown improvement where others have and Kansas blew them out.

Utah State had a bad week. Probably overlooked UNLV and San Diego St is the best NET team in the country. https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

1 Like

FYI, I hear a lot about the toughest road trip in the Pac12. The rankings above display the home teams conference records for road trips.

i.e. Utah and Colorado make up the Mountain road trip and they are 2-1 at home vs Pac12 teams this season. 12-6 last year and 13-5 in 2018 for a 27-12 overall record the past 3 years. This makes them the 3rd toughest road trip in the conference.

This weeks game predictions

1 Like

Current quadrant look

Updated with NET standings
Utah currently at 47 NET

1 Like

Thrill, thanks again for doing this.

A couple of head-scratchers already. UCLA going into Washington and defeating the Huskies. I don’t know how that happened. I watched the Huskies extended zone defense against USC and it is smothering. Also Oregon St defeating CU in Boulder was odd (except that OSU had the extra day of prep)

1 Like

y - NCAA bid
b - Bubble team

The good news is Utah was supposed to lose to Colorado.
The bad news is it was only supposed to be by 11…not 39

BYU has taken over the top spot in the state with a projected 24-7 record.

Utah remaining games…If it’s green then Utah should be the favorite by that much. If it’s not colored Utah would be the underdog by that much.

1 Like

This weeks games…

1 Like

Utah was a -2 favorite over Washington, right now I have the game as a PickEm with a slight edge to Washington

1 Like

1 Like

Utah still hovering around that 70-80 mark.
You can see Washington was a bubble team in the mid 40s, that’s where you need to be.

2 Likes

Utah and Washington are on track for 7-11 in conference. Which puts Utah at #7 with the tie-breaker and on track with a #10 first round game and #2 second round game.

2 Likes

Today’s and this weeks games

2 Likes