Anybody else glad to not be playing in the Peach Bowl right now?

I’ll bite. Who’s the second team? LSU beat bama/auburn/georgia/florida. OU beat baylor. Ohio st beat penn st/wisconsin. Other than Clemson nobody in the ACC is worth bringing up. All the teams that could be the second team from one conference had their shot and lost. That’s why two teams from one conference makes no sense.

1 Like

This harks back to the question Rocker raised: Is the goal to determine the “best team” or the champion? If the latter, there should never be 2 teams from the same conference. I am an advocate for the champion approach.

6 Likes

As I said, I am not advocating for it this season. That said Oklahoma has ■■■■ the bed three years in a row. It’s about 4 best teams not 4 best conference champs

More than anything else, it’s about entertainment and making money, and taking the top 4 conference champions will do that better than taking the top 4 teams. If we have a bunch of SEC teams replay each other every year, the south will remain interested while the rest of the nation drifts away. College football is already losing Pac-12 country in terms of viewership and attendance. Every college football decision should be made with an eye on long term, widespread interest, even at the cost of justice.

3 Likes

Nah. That won’t help ratings as much as making the playoff games on January 1st. No one wants to see UW or Michigan State get blown out in the first round because they won their conference In a down year. They want to see the best athletes play on the highest level. If you want fair it has to be 16 teams with 10 conference champs and 6 at large

Thank you for representing the SEC worldview. Now leave us alone. Or maybe just give us a break for a week or two. Doesn’t Paul Finebaum have a blog that you can go read or something?

4 Likes

I know you’re admin so with all respect, I dont agree with running the guy off. He spam’s us a ton but he’s not a t troll, it can be nice to get a true outside opinion. We have plenty of zoobs pretending to be a fan of other teams but bama doesn’t seem like that type.

1 Like

You know, it does sound good to just leave. Let’s make it permanent since you have done nothing but ■■■■■ about my posting since day one. I am confused as to why I was invite back to the board if you didn’t want my POV. :v:

1 Like

You are a Lakers fan, so you’ve got that going for you. But as I’ve told you privately, you need to act like a guest here. Your behavior so far (when you’re not talking about the Lakers) is like that of a dinner guest at the home of a family of committed progressive Democrats who, although he generally engages in polite and interesting conversation, simply cannot resist talking about how great Donald Trump is, and defends Trump whenever any criticisms are made. All I’m asking is that you give us all a break. I assure you, we are well aware of how SEC and Alabama fans see the world.

1 Like

I like Bamafan on the board. we need diversity and original posting here, even if we don’t like the message. Why must he be respectful, when others don’t have to be. Think of politics posting the past year or so. You allowed pretty much anything there. Lets not be thinned skinned, we need all types of views, not just the choir"s. Welcome BamaFanKY, I appreciate your posts, regardless of slant.

2 Likes

Bama is a good guy, but he can be downright obnoxious when it comes to the SEC. I’ve gotten complaints from some posters about his domineering presence. I don’t have a problem with him hanging around as long as he’s willing to take some feedback. Imagine if one of us went to a Bama board and behaved like he does over here. One standard will do just fine.

2 Likes

He brings some flavor to the board. Maybe not quite the self-deprecating LoobMan or LandPoke though and therefore less lovable. Regardless, sports is a sideshow entertainment outlet, and…

#ItsOkToHateTheSEC

1 Like