Altman and Oregon

Wow! Just wow! I’m not a fan of Oregon sports; in fact, I resent the hell out of them.

But this really stood out to me:

What a way to call out the administration and the fans.

…Welcome to the rest of the NCAA that is playing in the NIT?

2 Likes

It’s this kind of NITpicking that is really turning me off of college basketball.

4 Likes

Meanwhile last night in Orem, Utah Valley in front of a packed house and very boisterous crowd beat Cincinnati to earn their way to the NIT semi-finals.

3 Likes

Just remember at UVU the only thing they have is MBB, and they play in a smallish arena. Most of their other athletic teams aren’t very good…and no football.

Glad the got a turnout and they are on their way to the NIT Final Four. The truth is they should’ve been in the NCAA Tournament. Sometimes playing in a one bid league sucks.

2 Likes

A few co-workers who have ties to the school are thrilled. They’ve won the regular season a few times, but haven’t ever been able to win their conference tourney to get into the big dance. In the semifinal this year, blew a large lead to SUU and gave up a 4 point play with a few seconds left to lose by 1 (oops).

Announcers said it was the first time they have ever hosted a nationally televised game.

2 Likes