2022 Preseason Coaches Poll - Utah #8

HAHAHA. Welcome to the world of HIGH EXPECTATIONS! You can’t play the underdog card anymore Powerhouse Utah. I expect we will be discussing playoffs after you go undefeated all season.

3 Likes

Why is it things like this worry me more than getting flat snubbed?

Hate to see our team run the risk of buying into the hype, then having a WTF loss show up to mess things up.

5 Likes

It’s the hope that will kill you. That’s why. Like the old days when Alabama was preseason #3 and won 3 games that season. That said, Whitt isn’t going to let that happen and y’all are loaded. I really wouldn’t be surprised if you make the Title game with a very good shot at winning the whole dang thing.

5 Likes

We will win more than 3 games, it’s just if we get to November undefeated, everyone will be walking on eggshells hoping the kids don’t have a letdown.

8 Likes

#8 seems about right to me. Looking forward to October 15th.

FTFO!

3 Likes

Still wondering…does that stand for Face The Facts Orenthal?

3 Likes

Its a revision of the Trojan call of Fight On. The middle T and F are fairly simply to figure out.

1 Like

Keep wondering…

FTFO!

Is it just me, or does it seem like one loss no matter what will knock us to #21 while some WTH loss for an SEC/B1G team and they just move down a spot or two? Maybe that’s just PTSD of being G5 with no room for error.

1 Like

That is a deserved spot for Utah. You have a lot coming back, and it seems you now have your secondary healthy, unlike what happened in the Rose Bowl. Didn’t you have to move a RB to the secondary due to injuries?

RR

2 Likes

The best part about these rankings is that Utah is the highest ranked of three PAC-12 teams in the poll. Let’s hope all three teams live up to expectations.

1 Like

How does Clemson get ranked 4th after their last season? I’m torque because my neighbors are big, bandwagon Clemson fans

Because they do have a top 5 roster in terms of talent. Basically they have one tough game in ND. They should have a shot at running the table with that schedule.

1 Like

I’m kind of surprised that nobody has mentioned the CBS preseason poll. They have Utah at number FOUR !!!
The days of flying under the radar seem to be behind us. The boys are in some pretty heady company now.
They’re in control of their destiny this year. They could be in the CFP even with an early loss.
GO UTES !!! :raised_hands:t3:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/rankings/cbs-sports-ranking/

2 Likes

Yep. Micah Bernard played two ways and made an incredible catch for Utah’s 2nd TD.

1 Like

It means Fu#% The Fu#% Off.

I remember going to a couple of USC games in the mid 80’s and thinking, wow, What an arrogant bunch of pricks their fan base was, then, after sitting through 8 quarters of football thinking , " With all of the money this school has, why cant their band learn more than 2 fuc#ing songs?"

7 Likes

a good while back , it was definitely being used as shorthand for “Face The Facts Orenthal”, and for that reason I’ve always thought it odd that OCGreg was using it as a tag LOL

4 Likes