11-2, and I've never been more disappointed in this team

We got found out as a pretender tonight, with the entire nation watching.

Mistakes. Poor effort. The offensive line was basically nonexistent.

Here’s hoping we can regroup and have a good showing in whatever bowl we end up in.

GO UTES!

Of all the disappointments in that game tonight the worst one I saw was the O-line quitting at the end and letting their warrior quarterback be humiliated.

12 Likes

This. Huntley has done nothing but work his ass off and fight this season. The offensive line owes him a huge apology for leaving him to the wolves tonight.

6 Likes

Yeah, that sucked. O-line was embarrassing and D-line got pushed all around the field. Pissed away a great season on national TV; Alamo Bowl here we come. Whoppee!!

5 Likes

This loss sits squarely on the OL.

4 Likes

I didn’t realize that Tyler got sacked 6 times tonight. Wow.

1 Like

This is going to hurt for a while. It’s worse than last year against Washington, because that was a close game to the very end. Tonight we just got embarrassed. On ABC television. Not good for a program that’s trying to prove that it deserves a seat at the table.

3 Likes

Yep, that one’s gonna hurt. We were unprepared, outmatched, and got absolutely dominated on both lines.

The reality is that a program like Utah isn’t going to get chances like that year in and year out like other schools. To choke two CCG opportunities away like that is just…brutal.

Only silver lining is that I don’t have to pay any attention to what happens tomorrow. Maybe I’ll actually get something done around the house now.

4 Likes

You left out Unitarians.

5 Likes

Imagine having a bunch of Utah and Oregon fans over tonight, where every Oregon fan believed the Ducks were going to be served on toast with grainy French mustard. Then that did not happen…painful. Like really painful.

Love the guys. Thank you mightily. Go Utes…regardless.

1 Like

And Rupert Pupkin.

Let me clarify my comments.

I am not disappointed in the team overall. It’s been a fun season and I’ve enjoyed our wins.

My disappointment is in the team reaching what they worked so hard for this season only to have subpar performances from some position groups and what seemed to be a lack of preparation from the coaching staff.

A loss like this, with the nation watching, sets back the perception of the program pretty drastically and could also make recruiting take a hit.

Mainly, I’m just bummed to have a stellar season hit a brick wall at moment when it could have a been a coronation into starting to become a big time program.

I still love our Utes and hope they get a good bowl and a win to end the season.

GO UTES!

4 Likes